Sunday, July 22, 2007

UPDATE - Labrador Retriever - Skin Problems - Hair Color Change

Here is an update on Angus "Gus", a black Labrador Retriever who had skin problems and a change in his hair color.

You can read more on Angus and the problems he was having here: Labrador Retriever - Skin problems - Hair Color Change

I would like to thank Jane for keeping us updated on Angus and how he is doing.

Reader's E-mail - Jane Writes:

Hi Fay,

Just thought I'd let you know that Gus is now eating a holistic dog food and his ears and eyes are much better. As for the changing fur colour, I understand that it is often caused by a recessive gene and this is what they think it is in his case. We love him anyway as you know.

He is attending puppy training classes and his behaviour is improving in many areas however he can have very "selective" hearing when he wants to. We are working on this.

He is very strong and I hope his training kicks in quickly as I am disabled on my left side due to a car accident and when I'm alone find my puppy quite challenging - I think he knows my limitations!! I am hopeful soon he'll be better as so many labs become assistants for the disabled ans I like to think there is some of that ability in him too. We live in a small village and there aren't many places to assist with that kind of training - our puppy class people are great but keep saying -"he's just a baby and will be until he's at least 2 years old". However, we persevere and he brings great joy and companionship to me.

I appreciate all the help you gave me when I asked about Gus's allergies and fur problems.

Thanks again!
Jane

To see more of Gus click: Angus

Technorati Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , ,

Categories: LabradorHealth_ ReadersEmail_ Training_

0 comments:

Blog Archive

dog videos, cat videos, puppy videos, kitten videos, pet videos

Followers

Syndication

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP